Monday, April 25, 2022

Brazos Bend nature hike with Girl Scouts


 I hosted granddaughter Haley's Girl Scout troupe at Brazos Bend State Park on Sunday. I think the hikes were a hit based on the number of pet caterpillars they carried around and the interest shown in everything from flowers and berries to skinks, turtles  and gators.  

A reminder to all my Facebook friends.......Text or messenger me if you are headed to Brazos Bend, and I will try my best to meet up and show you around the park.





                                                      Quite a treat to spot a 5-lined skink








"The bread is moving!" Closer examination showed that it was being carried by a multitude of fire ants. I am not so sure why some are sitting on top and getting a free lunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment