Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dash for Dawn 5K race

Dash for Dawn was Saturday morning at Crockett School.  I had a hard time finding the school... No GPS and no directions... I didn't think that I needed directions since I remembered where Crockett School was located... near Aquarina Springs.  Wrong(yes, Sally I said it "I was wrong"... the old Crockett school that I remembered from 1970s had been torn down following a flood event where students had to be rescued from the top of the school building.  I finally got some directions to the new location close to Wonder Cave, but by the time I got there the race had started.  They went ahead and let me race anyway and put a 4 minute 35 second correection on my time.  The hills were murder and I ended up with a time of 30 minute and 5 seconds.  It sure seemed like the race was all uphill.


No comments:

Post a Comment